Thursday, August 18, 2011

The RC Car Hack - Part 1 - Introduction


The RC Car Hack
Summary
This is a tutorial following my implementation of the RC Car Hack.


Project  Goal
The goal of this tutorial is to give a little guidance to others who are interested in the RC Car Hack.  What is the RC Car Hack?  First off, I didn’t name it but I try to better define it for you (based on my experience).  


The process of modifying the hardware, software, and/or the physical design of an existing remote control (RC) car for your own purposes is known as “The RC Car Hack”. 


     I'm sure there are a lot of different definitions but that's my definition.  It could have been called the RC Carbot, a Bluetooth Bot, Arduino robot, etc but I guess those names never stuck for something like this.  In reality, RC Car Hack is the only name I found it under when searching which is probably how you found this. 


Tutorial Contents
     This tutorial is broken into many parts/posts as there is plenty of content to show.

  1. Introduction -> (You are here.)
  2. Description of items/stuff used
  3. Getting inside your RC Car
  4. More soon...
  5. Code used (Reference)


Before you start...  
This tutorial involves using basic C#, Bluetooth, and Arduino. If you know some java or C# and have uploaded a sketch to an Arduino before, this should be fairly straightforward.  Use or take any code listed in this tutorial.  I hope you learn as much as I did and do something fun with it. 





Comments/Questions?
I'm always wanting to improve the quality of the content here.  If you have questions, want to see a better explanation, a better picture, let me know.  Thanks - Sean



No comments:

Post a Comment